Implementing The Right Construction Project Management ERP
The crucial goal of any kind of project management software should be maintaining the bottom line. Achieving profitability in construction project management starts with efficiency and project transparency. Every single department and employee in your business needs to communicate and share data for business leaders to find areas of inefficiency and waste and start removing them. That’s why a strong construction project management ERP is critical to your business.
Datix recognizes the importance of ERP to construction businesses. Epicor® is designed to help businesses increase sales, improve customer service, and reduce operating costs by creating a single nexus for process management and streamlining all operations. Although the platform can be applied to a wide range of markets and industries, they have a dedicated commitment to their construction project clients. The software’s project management capabilities provide businesses a comprehensive closed-loop solution that supports the five key service-centric processes behind all AEC firms: managing business development, resourcing construction projects effectively, managing project delivery, streamlining financial operations and regulatory compliance and analyzing business performance.
Key Epicor® Features for Construction Project Management ERP
- Build risks and issues evaluation into the bid management process using definable action plans.
- Support for advanced project scheduling with strong bi-directional integration with Microsoft Project.
- Maximize resource performance and utilization through increased visibility into current and future staffing needs.
- Effectively manage and control complex contractual arrangements including third parties, expenses, materials and equipment with a closed-loop requisition, procurement and payables cycle.
- Capture opportunity and project budgets, handle Work in Process (WIP) and revenue recognition, as well as billing rules, cost and rate sets on a client, project, or even work code by work code basis.
- Effective management of WIP and draft billing processes with a drill to detail and invoice consolidation facilities.
- Comprehensive business process management and workflow orchestration allows your construction business more flexibility.
- With Epicor® for Service Enterprises, you can anticipate improvements in efficiency, project control, resource utilization, client satisfaction and overall visibility resulting in a more efficient business.
Why Choose Datix and Epicor® For Construction Project Management ERP
Construction projects often require complex multi-level phases, rigid costing guidelines and a complex and lengthened billing period. Losing track of your expenses, resources, or employees at any point during a project is unacceptable. General estimates just won’t cut it when it comes to resource availability or pricing during the bidding process. That’s how a business makes promises it can’t keep, or allocates their employees and resources inefficiently—and how poor process management affects your bottom line. As we mentioned at the top of the page, profitability is what makes or breaks any project management business.
Epicor® ERP allows your business total transparency through every stage and department of any job. The project management module gives you a clearer understanding of your costs with just one platform. You’ll have a step up on the competition and be able to bid and win new business with accuracy and assurance.
Datix knows that Epicor® is an ideal construction project management ERP. That’s why we are a certified Gold Partner of the platform, and we’ve helped countless businesses across industries implement the enterprise software properly. We can help design the right dashboards and processes that your business needs from ERP—and train your employees on the best practices so that you know you are getting the most from your software investment. Get in contact with us today to learn how we can get started on your solution and to learn more about your construction project business could gain an advantage with Epicor® ERP.